Truck Driver Negligence
Did You Suffer A Serious Injury?
Remaining focused and attentive while behind the wheel of any vehicle is critical to safe driving, but far too many choose not to follow the rules, take shortcuts, and act in a reckless or negligent manner. These choices put the lives of everyone else on the road at risk, and the danger only increases with the size of the vehicle the negligent driver is operating. Truck drivers must be alert and focused on operating their vehicles, which can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and cause some of the most devastating crashes on the road. Despite these dangers, drivers and trucking companies still cut corners and violate regulations in order to maximize their profits. If these actions result in a catastrophic crash, injured victims deserve the chance to fight for the compensation they need to cover damages and medical bills caused by the accident.
Serious injuries often come with massive medical bills, and when those injuries were caused by someone else’s negligent actions you should not be responsible for the cost of your recovery. If you were seriously injured by a negligent truck driver, contact our Chicago truck accident attorneys at Power Rogers & Smith today. With decades of experience and over $4 billion secured in settlements and verdicts, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands when you hire us to represent you.
Negligent Actions That Can Result In A Crash
During our initial investigation into your case, our attorneys will look into the events preceding the crash. Some things we investigate include:
- Whether the truck driver was speeding;
- Whether the truck driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Whether the truck driver was distracted by their phone, mobile device, etc. while driving;
- Whether the truck driver was tailgating, adhering to the rules of the road, improperly changing lanes, etc.;
- Falsified driver’s logs, inspection logs, maintenance records, etc.;
- Whether the truck driver was keeping to their federally regulated rest schedule.; and
- Whether the truck driver was properly taking weather conditions into account.
Give us a call at (312) 313-0202 to discuss your situation with a member of our firm today.
Hire Legal Representation You Can Trust
Collisions involving trucks are some of the most devastating crashes on our roadways, and our Chicago truck accident lawyers at Power Rogers & Smith have the experience and knowledge you need to secure the compensation you deserve. If you were seriously injured through the negligent actions of a truck driver, contact our firm today by calling us at (312) 313-0202 to discuss your case, or by filling out our online form to request a free case evaluation.