Joseph A. Power Jr. Presented with Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award
Joseph A. Power Jr., Founding Partner of Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P., was recently presented with the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award. The honor celebrates Mr. Power’s impressive career in law and his national reputation as one of the nation’s most elite civil trial lawyers.
The Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest distinction presented by Marquis Who’s Who®, one of the nation’s oldest and most reliable resources for biographical data. Since its first publication of Who’s Who in America over 120 years ago, the Marquis Network has been committed to preserving the mission of its creator, fellow Chicagoan Albert Nelson Marquis, by compiling comprehensive biographies and annually curated lists recognizing the country’s most prominent leaders and achievers in fields such as engineering, journalism, and law.
As a recipient of the namesake Lifetime Achievement Award, Mr. Power has demonstrated the leadership, excellence, and longevity required of inductees, in addition to other qualifying criteria that place honorees among just 5% of all listees, including:
- Having excelled for over 20 years in their profession
- More than 30 years of experience in a particular field
- Published work profiling their achievements and expertise
- A proven record of success and notable honors earned from other sources
About Joseph A. Power Jr.
The Lifetime Achievement Award solidified Mr. Power’s stature as a respected litigator who’s secured record-setting case results in matters involving medical malpractice, commercial vehicle accidents, and other complex cases of personal injury and civil trial practice, as well as a passionate advocate for those who’ve been injured and wronged. Over the course of his career, Mr. Power has secured remarkable results for his clients, as well as legal victories which have helped oust corporate wrongdoing and criminal conduct, raise awareness about critical safety issues, and prompt needed changes that protect the public.
His distinctions span the spectrum of achievements and awards, some of which include:
- Over 200 jury verdicts/settlements in excess of $1 million, and over $1 billion in compensation recovered for clients throughout his career.
- Record-setting and noteworthy results, including Illinois’ largest medical malpractice jury verdict ($55.4 million), a $100 million trucking accident recovery that precipitated over 75 criminal convictions, including the conviction of a former Illinois’ Governor, and retesting of over 2,000 truck drivers.
- A perfect record in litigating medical malpractice cases, as well as numerous multi-million dollar recoveries for clients harmed by negligent doctors and health care providers.
- Past President of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and current President of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an elite legal organization comprised of the top 100 plaintiffs’ attorneys in the U.S.
- Continued inclusion among the legal industry’s most prestigious publications and rating agencies, including The Best Lawyers in America, The National Law Journal, the Leading Lawyers Network, Super Lawyers Magazine, among many others.
Read more on our press release.
Our entire team at Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. congratulates Joe on his latest achievement, as they signify his invaluable contributions to our clients, our communities, and our firm’s more than $4 billion dollars in case recoveries. For more information about our firm and cases we handle, or to discuss a potential matter, contact us.