Chicago Product Liability Attorney
Harmed by a dangerous or defective product? Seek restitution!
Every year, according to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 22,000 Americans are killed and 29 million are injured by defective and unsafe products. These product-related injuries cost well over $500 billion annually. Product manufacturers have a duty to issue reasonably safe products that are labeled appropriately and produce no threat to safety if used properly, yet the CPSC reports between 200 and 300 yearly product recalls.
If you or someone you love was injured by a product that was dangerous, defective, labeled inappropriately, or marketed inappropriately, you could be entitled to financial compensation. The best way to find out if you are entitled to a claim is by speaking with a Chicago product liability lawyer. The defective product attorneys at Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. have extensive experience dealing with these types of cases.
Why Choose Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P.?
There are several factors that set our team apart as choice product liability lawyers:
- Attorney Todd Smith was chosen by the Best Lawyers in America® publication as the 2011 Mass Tort Lawyer of the Year and the 2019 Product Liability Lawyer of the Year
- Mr. Smith was appointed by the Federal Court as co-lead counsel in a National Class Action involving the recalled Takata airbags that affected over 34 Million vehicles
- Mr. Smith has won multi-million dollar product liability settlements and verdicts for his clients, including a $10 million settlement involving the heart arrhythmia medication Amiodarone and an $18.85 million award for clients involving a product defect in a small airplane
- Mr. Smith has represented clients against powerful manufacturers all over the world including Ford Motor in the United States, Kubota Tractor in Japan, the Airbus of Europe, and Boeing aerospace
- Attorney Devon Bruce has represented clients in a broad range of product liability actions including electrical equipment, home appliances, boat design, medical devices, industrial equipment, and fire extinguishers
- Mr. Bruce has recovered millions of dollars for his clients against some of the largest orthopedic manufacturers in the world, and is currently representing more than 30 Illinois farmers and farming entities in individual actions against the Swiss corporation Syngenta.
No Fees Unless We Win
Grounds for Filing a Defective Product Lawsuit
There are a variety of grounds for filing defective product claims against manufacturers, such as:
This type of defect concerns the design of the product itself, meaning the product would have been faulty even if it was manufactured impeccably.
A defect in the manufacturing means that a safety hazard occurred due to a mistake during the manufacturing process.
Failure to Warn
This means that the manufacturing company failed to give adequate warning regarding the product’s potential safety hazards.
This type of defect concerns how the product was marketed or advertised. For example, improperly marketing a toy with small parts, a choking hazard, to children three and under.
Please Contact Our Product Liability Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been harmed by a defective or dangerous consumer product, we invite you to contact the Chicago product liability attorneys at Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. We represent individuals throughout the state of Illinois, standing up for them against major, multi-national and multi-billion dollar manufacturers. Nothing intimidates us, especially when our clients’ futures are at stake.
We have won more than $4 billion for our clients! Call Power Rogers & Smith at (312) 313-0202 or fill out our form for a free case evaluation.