Medication Errors & Malpractice Attorneys
Serving Chicago for 30+ Years
Whether we are sick or have a lasting condition, we trust that we will be prescribed the correct medication. Even if we are hospitalized, we rely on doctors, nurses, and physicians to provide us with the medication necessary to help our condition. Although medical professionals are supposed to adhere to a high standard of care, they can still make mistakes. When these mistakes involve medication, it can leave the patient in a situation much worse than when they went to the hospital.
Schedule your complimentary review by calling (312) 313-0202.
At Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P., our Chicago medication error lawyers know that it is important for medical professionals to provide patients the utmost care. This includes the type and amount of medication that the patient is required to take to help with their condition. When a doctor, pharmacist, or other professional makes a mistake and it leaves you injured or results in wrongful death, it is important to take legal action to recover compensation. Our firm helps clients navigate this lengthy process.
Some examples of medication errors include:
- Wrong dosage
- Wrong prescription
- Not checking for allergies
- Failure to medicate
Cases We’ve Handled
Our team at Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. is experienced in medical malpractice cases involving medication errors. We have helped in multiple cases in which medication error played some type of role. This includes the following:
- Todd A. Smith recovers $10.6 million in case involving psychiatric malpractice. One factor of the case included the patient receiving excessive levels of medication that was not approved by the FDA.
- Thomas G. Siracusa receives recognition for cases he was involved in; including a $19.25 million settlement for a child who sustained brain injuries after improper medication dosage.
- Thomas G. Siracusa obtains $23 million settlement for a 34-year-old woman who was giving birth and suffered a stroke. One detail claimed the obstetrician failed to provide proper anti-hypertensive medication.
- $10.4 million verdict for a client who lost their left hand and toes from both feet to amputation after a medication overdose in the ICU.
How Our Firm Can Help You
Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. has helped injury victims in Chicago for more than 30 years. During this time, we have helped recover more than $4 billion for our clients in a wide range of claims. We know what it takes to hold medical professionals accountable for their actions. From start to finish, we stand by your side to protect your right to just compensation. If you or someone you love has sustained serious injury because of a medication error, we are ready to help you.
Call us at (312) 313-0202 to discuss your case with our team.