Medical Malpractice Checklist
Medical Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Chicago
The experienced Chicago medical malpractice attorneys at Power, Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. have handled hundreds of complex medical negligence cases. Over the course of our practice, we have successfully recovered numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in cases involving a variety of medical malpractice cases, including birth injuries. Our experience includes cases involving failure to diagnose, botched surgical procedures, brain injury, blood-thinning drugs, Erb's palsy, sports injuries, and paralysis. The first step is to contact an attorney.
What documents do I need to prove my medical injury?
We've compiled a checklist of documents that could help your attorney win your case. Keep these in mind:
- Medical bills - Keep track of your expenses and the costs related to your injury, including bills and invoices from your doctors, emergency room visits, therapists, and so forth. You may be able to receive compensation for these costs.
- Medical prescriptions - Was your injury caused or exacerbated by your prescription medications? Keep track of your pharmaceutical records.
- Proof of missed wages - Did your injury cause you to miss work? Obtaining copies of your pay stubs and tax returns could help you receive full compensation in a successful medical malpractice case.
- Insurance information - Don't throw away documents pertaining to your health insurance coverage! Find out if you were unfairly denied or billed. Our team can analyze your insurance information to help you.
- Medical records - Receive copies of your medical records. This is essential in proving your injury and in winning your case.
- Photos of your injury - If applicable, photographic evidence can be extremely beneficial in a court case. Take periodic photographs of your injuries and treatments.
- Your personal record of the incident - As soon as possible, write down everything you know and can remember about your injury and how it happened. Unfortunately, it's easy to forget small details or key points over time. Take the time to sit down and write down everything that happened.
Begin today: Contact Power Rogers & Smith at (312) 313-0202 for a free case evaluation at our Chicago law office.