Contingent Commercial Litigation
Highly Rated Business Litigation Lawyers Serving Chicago & Northern Illinois
Power Rogers has successfully obtained a number of multi-million dollar results for individual, corporate, and municipal clients in commercial litigation. Our firm has handled accounting, legal, and banking malpractice cases. These types of professional negligence claims are extremely complex and document intensive and require Chicago commercial litigation attorneys with the knowledge, experience and resources to successfully handle them.
No Fees Unless You Win!
Power Rogers pursue these commercial cases on a contingency fee basis and the client owes no fees or expenses unless the firm recovers Most recently, we handled a case on behalf of the City of Dixon and recovered $40,000,000.00 arising out of accounting malpractice and banking negligence.
Recovered Over $4 Billion in Verdicts and Settlements
Meet Attorney Devon Bruce at Power Rogers
Devon Bruce, a partner at Power Rogers, represents clients in a number of areas of contingent commercial litigation. Most recently, Mr. Bruce was hired by the City of Dixon to recover funds from the embezzlement committed by City Treasurer Comptroller Rita Crundwell. This theft was the largest reported municipal embezzlement in the history of the United States. Mr. Bruce filed a lawsuit and pursued an action against the City of Dixon's accounting firms and Fifth Third Bank. Mr. Bruce ultimately recovered $40 million dollars from these entities for the taxpayers of the City of Dixon. Mr. Bruce's recovery for the City of Dixon was the largest reported recovery for a municipality arising out of embezzlement in the country's history.
Mr. Bruce has represented clients in areas involving:
- Accounting malpractice
- Banking malpractice
- Violation of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Qui tam litigation
Mr. Bruce has been an invited guest speaker on the issues of embezzlement, accounting malpractice, and banking malpractice to a number of organizations, including:
- The City Club of Chicago
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
More of his case successes and accolades include the following:
- In 2015, Mr. Bruce obtained a significant recovery for a physicians group in a banking malpractice case. The case arose out of an employee of the physician's group who stole health insurance checks made payable to the physician's groups. The bank improperly allowed the employee / embezzler to then open fraudulent accounts and cash the checks in the medical group's name.
- Mr. Bruce is also representing a radiology group in an accounting malpractice action arising from overbilling and unfounded charges being approved by the group's accounting firm.
- Mr. Bruce is currently representing over 30 farmers and farming entities in individual actions against Syngenta, a Swiss corporation. The Syngenta litigation arose out of false sales and marketing of a genetically modified seed corn manufactured by Syngenta and sold into the United States, which caused significant economic damage to Illinois farmers.
- Mr. Bruce was named in 2009 by the Chicago Lawyer magazine as the 40 Lawyers under 40 and has been selected every year from 2011 to 2015 as a Leading Lawyer by his peers.
To learn more about our firm and our attorneys, call Power Rogers at (312) 313-0202 for a free case evaluation.