Chicago Construction Accident Attorney
Voted "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News!
If you or a loved one was hurt or killed in an Illinois construction accident, take time to speak with an attorney about your options. Our team of Chicago construction accident attorneys at Power Rogers knows the nuances of these cases and we understand how to protect your rights.
We've Achieved Record-Breaking Results for Construction Workers
Attorney Joe Power achieved what was then a record multi-million-dollar verdict in a carpenter's death at the Newberry Plaza construction project. Attorney Devon Bruce also has years of experience, and a history of success that includes multi-million dollar recoveries including a $9M jury verdict in a construction accident case, which was upheld on appeal after being heard twice by the Illinois Supreme Court.
Important Statistics About Construction Accidents
Construction site accidents affect thousands of American workers annually. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), more than 4,000 workers were killed in the private industry sector in the United States, and more than 1 in 5 - over 20% - of these fatalities happened in construction.
Some further accident statistics in the field of construction include:
- The most common cause of workplace deaths in the construction industry is falls
- The leading OSHA violation is fall protection
- A construction worker with a 45-year career faces a 1 in 200 chance of dying as the result of a workplace accident
- Every year, 1 in 10 construction workers suffer injuries
- Over 15% of construction injuries are caused by exposure
- In the United States, the construction industry has the second highest rate of fatal injuries in workers under the age of 18
- 60% of injuries in the construction sector happen in the first year of the employee's hiring
If you or a loved one was injured on the job, we invite you to speak with one of our Chicago construction accident lawyers for an evaluation. Schedule a free consultation with our team: Call Power Rogers today at (312) 313-0202.