Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer in Chicago
Were You Seriously Injured By A Negligent Driver?
Driving distracted is among the most dangerous actions someone can take while driving. According to data released by federal agencies, distracted driving results in thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of injuries every single year. Safety experts have broken down distracted driving into three main categories in order to better understand how distractions occur:
- Visual – This distraction occurs when the driver looks away from the road, usually to focus on something else.
- Manual – This distraction occurs when the driver takes their hands off the steering wheel, usually to use them for another action.
- Cognitive – This distraction occurs when the driver’s thoughts are focused on places other than the road.
These types of distraction are not mutually exclusive. Often times, distracted drivers are visually, manually, and cognitively distracted at the same time. The most common example of a multiple-distraction scenario is when drivers use their cell phone while driving.
Call us at (312) 313-0202 to discuss your situation with a member of our firm today.
Car crashes can be incredibly devastating and stressful experiences, and when you are involved in one caused by another person’s negligent or wrongful actions, you deserve the chance to fight for your rights. Our Chicago distracted driving attorneys at Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. have dedicated their careers to working with injured victims to ensure that they secure the compensation you deserve, and are ready and waiting to hear your story. Reach out to us today to learn whether we can help and begin planning your next steps.
How Dangerous Are Distracted Drivers?
According to a report released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) (PDF), approximately 10 percent of all injuries and fatalities caused by vehicle crashes are the fault of distracted drivers.
- Approximately 27 percent of all deadly crashes caused by distracted drivers in 2015 involved drivers between the ages of 20 and 29.
- Approximately nine percent of all deadly crashes were caused by teenage distracted drivers in 2015.
- 551 pedestrians, cyclists and other non-motorists were killed in crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015.
- Around 391,000 people were injured in crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015.
- Around 3,477 people were killed in crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015.
Send us your information to receive a free case evaluation.
Hire A Law Firm You Can Trust
At Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P., our Chicago car accident lawyers have spent decades providing our clients with the experienced legal representation they need. Through our efforts, our lawyers have recovered more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements since we first opened our doors, and we remain committed to fighting for the rights of each new client we take on. Call us at (312) 313-0202 to discuss your current situation with a member of our firm today or start out with a free case evaluation by sending us your information through our online form.