Chicago Car Accident Attorneys
Power Rogers & Smith Is Here to Help You Get Back on Your Feet
Our team at Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. has represented clients injured in car accidents in Chicago for many years. We are proud of our reputation for elite, effective advocacy in this field. Understanding the nuances of these cases has led us to repeated success. We're proud of our commitment to the injured clients and families we have been able to serve over the years. Experience makes all the difference in protecting your rights in an auto accident case, so choose a Chicago car accident lawyer with a long history of experience and success.
Our attorneys have recovered over $4 billion for our clients. That's over $900 million more than our nearest competitor. We fight to win, and we fight successfully. Choosing our firm for your case is a step in the right direction.
What Are Common Causes & Types of Car Accidents?
Any action that causes a car crash is a serious hazard, and our firm has spent years representing clients who were seriously injured in crashes caused by all types of negligent and reckless behavior. We understand what it takes to secure the maximum compensation possible, no matter your situation.
- Distracted Driving - Drivers who take their eyes off the road and/or hands off the wheel are among the most dangerous hazards to everyone else on the road.
- Drunk Driving Crashes - It’s legal to drive a car with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) as high as 0.08 percent, but even a slight amount of alcohol can impair a driver’s ability to function at the highest level.
- Head-On Collision - Head-on collisions cause some of the most devastating injuries because of the sheer speed involved, even at low speeds, victims can suffer serious injuries. At high speeds, these crashes can easily claim the lives of anyone, and even everyone involved. These crashes are almost always caused by reckless actions, including driving under the influence, distracted driving, and road rage, but they can also be caused by poor road design.
- Hit and Run Collisions - Driving away from a crash may be against the law, but that doesn’t stop people from attempting to avoid responsibility when they cause a serious crash.
- Texting While Driving - Texting while driving is explicitly forbidden under 625 ILCS 5/12-610.2. Drivers who ignore this law are among the greatest threats to fellow motorists and their passengers: "A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a roadway while using an electronic communication device."
- Tire Blowouts - The number one cause of tire blowouts is under-inflated tires, which also negatively affect the vehicle’s handling and braking ability. While tire manufacturers keep most data about tire blowouts out of the public, these companies have reported that May through October is the most common time of year for this issue to occur.
- Wrong-Way Driving Crash - Alcohol is the single biggest contributor to these types of crashes. According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), 59 percent of drivers traveling the wrong way before the crash had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.15 percent or higher, and 69 percent of these drivers had a BAC of 0.08 percent or higher. Officials believe the actual figures are even higher, because BAC is not always recorded in fatal crashes.
Our firm has handled cases involving driver negligence and inattention. If you were involved in a serious accident, you should be able to pursue the compensation you deserve with the representation of a knowledgeable Chicago auto accident attorney.
We've assisted clients in car accidents whose cases involved serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Brain injuries
- Lacerations and cuts
- Neck injuries
- Severe burn injuries
If you need help fighting for fair compensation for your damages, our Chicago law firm is here for you.
Don't hesitate to call Power Rogers & Smith at (312) 313-0202 today to start with your free case consultation.